Media Library Features
- Store for audio and video files (Please note the original uploaded file is not retained. Each user should retain the original clip)
- Streaming capability ensures that viewers of video see the version of the clip that is most suited to playback on their device whether mobile, tablet or computer
- Student and staff access
- Personal (private) space
- Integrated Blackboard mashup
- Integrated video assignments within Blackboard
- Private space for teaching teams
- Private space for teaching team and students
- Public space for open videos
- Sharing of clips possible for embedding in web pages such as Mahara
Uploading to the Media Library
Editing Details of Uploaded Video
Removing an Uploaded Video
Adding Chapters to a Video in the Media Library
Creating a PlayList
Since the Media Library was upgraded in summer 2013, associated files are not as obvious as they used to be. Click on 'Resources' just under the video.
Associated files can be used for attaching a file with the transcript of a video for example.
The Media Library accepts files in the following formats: .mov, .avi, .wmv, .flv, .mpg, .mp4, .mp3, .wav, .wma so it will probably not be necessary to convert the video. If it should happen that your video is in a different format, there is a video converter available from AnySoft which is pretty good and easy to use. You can download a trial version here http://www.anvsoft.com/download-any-video-converter.html but the completely free version is installed on MyUHI.